Born in Assam (India), Julie Christie (or Julie Frances Christie) is an English Academy Award-winner actress. Christie's first major film role was in 1963 film Billy Liar as Liz. Her break through role was as a amoral Diana Scott in the 1965 film Darling.
In the '70s Julie was Oscar nominated as second Best Actress for the film Robert Altman's McCabe and Mrs Miller. She has never been a prolific actress. Even in '60s, when she was at the height of her career, she made fewer and fewer films.
Personal Profile (Personal Biography)
- - Date of Birth: 14 April 1941
- - Place of Birth: 14 April 1941
- - Alternate Names: Julie Frances Christie
- - Height: 5' 2" (1.57 m)
- - Best Actress (1965; Darling)
- - 1965 - Darling, Doctor Zhivago
- - 1967 - Far from the Madding Crowd
- - 1968 - Petulia
- - 1971 - McCabe and Mrs Miller, The Go-Between
- - 1973 - Don't Look Now
- - 1975 - Shampoo
- - 1977 - Demon Seed
What Christie Quoted
On making Shampoo in the year 1975 with Warren Beatty and Robert Towne she said, "We showcased a utterly immoral, grotesquely greedy, decadent society that we felt was imminent."
On her relationship with Warren Beatty she said, "I'm terribly dependent on him, like a baby to its mother, so we travel backwards and forward to be with each other."
- - She was chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (No.26). 
- - In the year 1967 Time magazine said of her, "What Julie Christie wears has more real impact on fashion than all the clothes of the ten Best-Dressed women combined."
- - She was ranked No.29 in Mr.Skin's Top 100 Celebrity Nude Scenes
- - She was ranked No.34 in Celebrity Skin's 50 Sexiest Starlets of All Time
- - She was ranked No.5 in Hello Magazine's 25 British Beauties
- - She was ranked No.9 in FHM magazine's '100 sexiest women of all time'
- - She was chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Greatest Movie Stars (No.91)
- - Power (1986) - $1,000,000
- - Petulia (1968) - $400,000
- - Fahrenheit 451 (1966) - $200,000
- - Darling (1965) - $7,500