'Superb' Luxury on Wheels
Czech car maker Skoda has rolled out the new and improved luxurious Skoda Superb in India on 10th March, 2009. With the New Skoda Superb a host of features like the electric sunroof, appearance and ergonomically designed interiors all add up to an exciting buy of 2009.
The New Skoda Superb has finally been launched in India on 10th March, 2009. Lot of inputs have gone into re-working the existing Superb and the New Skoda Superb is definitely bigger, better and more spacious than its replaced form. The Cruise Control feature in the New Skoda Superb eliminates driver fatigue over long journeys by giving rest to the accelerator pedal and maintaining constant speed. The Automatic Front Wipers with Rain Sensors automatically activates the front wipers and even adjusts their speed with the intensity of the rain.
Key Features and 7 Star Experience For all New Skoda Superb
- Design- Distinctive, elegant & captivating exterior design; leather, wood & chrome package.
- Safety- Eight Airbags; Adaptive Front Light System (AFS)
- Comfort- Best in class rear leg room & headroom space.
- Convenience- Touchscreen infotainment system; gearshift controls on steering wheel.
- Twindoor Technology
- Engine- TSI (Turbocharged Fuel Stratified Injection) petrol engine
- Transmission- Seven Speed DSG Automatic
The car comes with a price tag of Rs 18,88,743 (Ex Showroom Delhi). Since a bigger interior space is an edge for the new Superb in comparison to the other similar cars in this segment, the competitive pricing of around 19 lakh is set to woo a lot of buyers in India. The new Skoda Superb with seven-speed Direct Shift Gearbox is also available with two engine options; the TSI and TDI PD.
Appearance-The Beauty of Skoda Superb
Skoda Superb has very large rear doors which makes it easy to get in and out of it. The side view of the car boasts of beautiful chrome strips along the frames of its window. The front side of the car has a radiator mask and a chrome frame which displays the Skoda emblem.
The interiors of the Skoda Superb are beautifully designed. The color combination used in the interiors is also very appealing to the eyes and gives a touch of luxury to this car. The control panel and the placement of steering wheel keeping key ergonomics in mind are some of the striking features of the Skoda Superb.
Comfort- Par Excellence
It is time to enjoy your rides in the best of comfort with the New Skoda Superb.
Safety- Stay Secure with the Skoda Superb
- Skoda Superb offers spacious interiors which will give you the best comfort level. A lounge-step carpet along with a footrest will let you stretch your legs and enjoy your rides comfortably.
- Enter into this beautiful car through its large doors, with the rear door offering you the storage space to put in even a wet umbrella inside, the design of the wet space will ensure the drainage of water. There are extra storage areas inside the car which take care of all your needs.
- The ergonomically designed steering wheel of the New Skoda Superb is one of the striking features of the car. It has some smartly built in buttons which lets the driver take charge of its cruise control function and even take control of the music system on board.
- The front seats of the New Skoda Superb provide the best comfort. These are electrically adjustable with built in memory setting ensuring maximum comfort for the occupants. Lot of eye to detail has gone in to ensuring maximum comfort and correct posture for the occupants.
Many safety features have been incorporated into the design of the New Skoda Superb.
Variants and Their Price
- With eight airbags- The Eight smartly incorporated Airbags on the New Skoda Superb provides the best of safety to the occupants of Skoda Superb.
- The ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) ensures the stability of the car especially at the time of countering any curves ons the road and eradicating any possibility of the vehicle skidding into a mishap.
- Bi-Xenon headlamps in the Skoda Superb help improve the effectiveness of the Skoda Superb even in adverse weather conditions.
The New Skoda Superb will be available at an Ex-Showroom price of Rs 18,88,743 in Delhi, Rs 18,40,001 in Maharashtra, Rs 19,05,722 in Kolkatta and Rs 18,84,498 in Chennai.
(Please Note: The price range is ex-showroom and based on the close approximation. Please check the latest prices and variant specifications with your dealer)
“When we launch new products, we not only focus on giving more choices to our customers but also offer them a new experience coupled with world-class technology. And with the all new Superb, we intend to give a 7 star experience to our customers. Further, keeping in mind the demand of our cars in India, we expect to sell more than 1000 units of the car by year end.”
Comments of Mr. Thomas Kuehl, Board Member, Sales & Marketing, Škoda Auto India
Other Skoda Models
Car Models Comparison
More Sedan Cars in India
||turbocharged petrol engine, in-line, liquid cooling system,
direct injection, 16V DOHC, transverse in front
|Max. engine performance/revs [kW (bhp) at rpm]
|Max. torque/revs [Nm at rpm]
||front wheel drive
||automatic 7-speed, DSG, with Tiptronic manual gear changing
||McPherson suspension with lower triangular links and torsion
||multi-element axle, with one longitudinal and three transverse
links, with torsion stabiliser
||hydraulic dual-diagonal circuit braking system vacuum assisted
with Dual Rate system
||disc brakes with inner cooling, with single/piston floating
||direct rack and pinion steering with electro mechanic power
|Wheel base [mm]
|Ground clearance [mm]
|Storage Capacity [l]
|Storage Capacity With Rear Seatback Folded Down [l]
|Kerb weight [kg]
|Gross weight [kg]
|Tank capacity [l]