Sarson ka Saag
Ingredients (Makes: 5-6 rotis)
- - 1 kg:Sarson (green mustard)
- - 250 gm:Spinach
- - 2 fresh:Shalgam (turnips) (peeled and chopped (optional)
- - 3-4 flakes:Garlic (finely chopped)
- - 2" piece:Ginger (finely chopped)
- - 2-3Green chillies (finely chopped)
- - 2 tsp: Makki ka atta (maize flour)
- - 11/2 tsp:Powdered gur (jaggery)
- - Salt to taste
- - 3 tsp: Desi ghee
- - 1/2 tsp: Red chilli powder
- - 2-3: Green chillies (finely chopped)
- - 1" piece: Ginger (finely chopped)
- - Wash, clean and chop the mustard and spinach leaves.
- - Pressure cook the leaves with garlic, ginger, green chillies and shalgam. Add salt and 1/2 a cup of water. The saag will be done in 15-20 mins. Remove from fire and cool.
- - Grind the spinach to a rough paste. Add makki ka atta and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
- - Prepare tadka with ginger, green chillies and red chillies in ghee and add to the hot saag and mix lightly.
- - Serve hot with Makki ki Roti