Palak Paneer (Spinach Cottage Cheese Dish)
Another hot favorite from North India cuisine- Palak Paneer. Palak Paneer is prepared with fresh spinach leaves and cottgae cheese. Its a popular dish from Punjab and Haryana cuisine. Try it today, it tastes great great with butter parantha and naan.
- 1 ½ cup:Pureed spinach
- 500 gm:Paneer (cubed and lightly fried)
- 1 tsp:Finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp:Finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup:Onions (grated)
- 1 cup:Tomatoes (chopped fine)
- 1 tsp:Cumin seeds
- 1-2:Bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp:Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp:Powdered red pepper
- 1 tsp:Powdered coriander seeds
- 2 tsp:Salt
- 1/4 cup:Oil
- Heat oil and add cumin, when it splutters, add bay leaf, ginger and the garlic, and sauté till a light brown.
- Add onions and sauté till a golden brown, then add tomatoes and stir fry over medium heat.
- When fat separates, add the salt, garam masala and the red pepper and stir till well mixed.
- Add spi nach and sauté for 2-3 minutes and add paneer.
- Turn around a few times and serve hot.