- - 50 gms Tamarind
- - 21/2 cups warm Water
- - 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- - 1/2 tsp Black salt
- - 1 tsp dry-roasted and groundes white Cumin seeds
- - 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- - 11/2 tsp Lemon juice
- - 1tsp Sugar
- - 1tbsp chopped Mint leaves
- - A pinch of Asafoetida powder
- - Batter Drops
- - Salt to taste
- - Take some water in a bowl and warm it. Now soak the tamarind pulp in the warm water for about 15 minutes.
- - Mash and blend it thoroughly and push the liquid through a sieve to discard the residue.
- - Add chili powder. sugar, cumin, garam masala, asafoetida, salt, lemon juice and mint and mix them.
- - Add few batter drops to garnish and serve chilled Jal Jeera.