Jal Jeera is one of the most popular beverages in India. Sizzling heat of summers is cracked off with a refreshing sip of Jal Jeera. The 'chatapata' taste of Jal Jeera is surely a test for your taste buds. Try out the chatpata beverage of India.
- 50 gms Tamarind
- 21/2 cups warm Water
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Black salt
- 1 tsp dry-roasted and groundes white Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 11/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1tsp Sugar
- 1tbsp chopped Mint leaves
- A pinch of Asafoetida powder
- Batter Drops
- Salt to taste
- Take some water in a bowl and warm it. Now soak the tamarind pulp in the warm water for about 15 minutes.
- Mash and blend it thoroughly and push the liquid through a sieve to discard the residue.
- Add chili powder. sugar, cumin, garam masala, asafoetida, salt, lemon juice and mint and mix them.
- Add few batter drops to garnish and serve chilled Jal Jeera.