Makki Di Roti
Ingredients (Makes: 5-6 rotis)
- - 2 cups: Maize flour
- - 1 fistful: Plain flour
- - 1 tsp: Oil
- - Salt to taste
- - Water to knead
- - Mix maize flour, oil and salt.
- - Knead in a soft pliable dough, adding very little water at a time.
- - When the dough is very smooth and soft, bread a lump.
- - Shape into a ball, flatten and pat with palm, to make a thin roti.
- - Use dry plain flour to help. Or roll with a rolling pin.
- - Take care to dust with flour and lift and turn to avoid sticking.
- - Place on a heavy iron or earthen griddle and roast till crisp.
- - Repeat on both sides. Repeat for all rotis.
- - Cover and line with napkins to keep warm.
- - Drizzle with ghee or butter if desired.
- - Serve hot with Sarson ka saag and slice of onion and lime.