- - 11/2 cup: Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
- - 50 gm: Maida
- - ½ tsp: Baking powder
- - 2 tbsp: Oil
- - Water to knead
- - Mix wheat flour, maida, salt and baking powder and sieve them together.
- - Pour oil in the flour and add water bit by bit and make a smooth and elastic dough and set aside covered with moist muslin cloth for 1/2 an hour.
- - Now make small balls of the dough and roll like a thin chapati of about 12" diameter circle using little dry flour (it should be thin as a tissue).
- - Heat an inverted griddle (tawa).
- - Place the roti carefully over it and cook till done.
- - Fold it like a handkerchief.
- - Serve hot with hot vegetables.