Interior designers are the professionals that will help you design your home or renovate it according to your desires. The firms listed on the site are acknowledged in their field and hence reliable. Designing the house requires a lot of planning and execution, and these professionals are veterans in it. You need to keep in mind many things when you decide to design your house, like colors, lighting, furniture, etc.; the combination should be such that it attracts any guest coming into your home.
Checklist to hire Interior designer in Mumbai-
Here are few things you need to know before you hire an Interior designer-
1. Average price-Research extensively and find out the approximate cost of renovation in your area. Check out the well-known designers and their charges so that you are aware of the expenses. Compare the charges of the various companies providing interior design services. Plan your further activities according to it.
2. Know your requirements-What do you want to change in your home? What kind of style are you looking for? Do you want just a lighting and furniture change or a total renovation? What kind of feel do you want to have from your house? Ask yourself these questions to clarify what you want, and then start searching for the designers.
3. Compare the designers' charges-Compare the costs of the interior designer that you find suitable for your service and select the one that comes under your budget.
4. Ask about experience and previous work-check the portfolio of the last work done by the firm to have an idea about their planning and designing.
5. Ask them whether they have done a similar design earlier-Make it clear with the designer whether they have experience of designing similar to your requirements. It is vital that know about creative designs in that area.
6. Know about their team- Ask whether a single person will work on your property or a group. Usually, they are a team in which everyone has different work. If they work together as a team, then you should ask about each member and their work.
7. Hire the interior designer from a trustable site-If you are looking online for an interior designing service, then go to the websites that look trustable, like SurfIndia. Check for the ratings and reviews of the previous customers before finalizing your decision.
8. Know about the service they provide-Confirm the services offered by the firm like site measurement and assessment, space planning, design concept, project management.
9. Ask them for contractor's recommendations-Many interior designers have connections with the contractors. So they can recommend you good contractor services at an affordable price.
10. Ask them about ideas-When you don’t know exactly which design will look more fantastic on our premises, you can ask for suggestions from the designers as they are veterans in the field with good knowledge.
Interior designer charges in Mumbai Price List
Here is an approximate charge of the interior designer in Mumbai-
||2 BHK (Rs.)
||3/4 BHK (Rs.)
|On the basis of per Sqft||20 - 30 ||40 - 50 ||70 - 120||60 - 100|
|Percentage of cost||6% - 12% ||8% - 15%||12% - 16%||6% - 14%|
|Lump Sum amount||10,000 - 40,0000||40,000 - 60,000||70,000 - 1,40,000||60,000 - 1,60,000|