Basundi (Sweet Dish of Gujarat)
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 4 bottles: Milk
- 1 cup: Sugar
- 8-9 : Cardamoms
- 1 tbsp: Charoli
- 6 no: Almonds (blanched and sliced; optional)
- 5 drops: Lemon juice
- Heat the milk in an iron kadai or saucepan.
- It should be stirred at the surface against the vessel so that it evaporates quickly.
- When the milk thickens and becomes creamy, squeeze in the lemon juice.
- The milk will become slightly granular, add sugar, and boil for 10 minutes more.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with powdered cardamoms, charoli, and almonds.
- Serve hot or cold as desired.