Taste the hottest samosa with SurfIndia. Samosa is deep fried triangle pastry filled with spicy potatoes or other vegetables. Samosa stands high on the Indian menu. It is popular all over India as evening snacks. Next time make crispy samosas by your own with SurfIndia
- For Cover
- 1 cup: Plain flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp: Warm oil
- Water to knead dough
- For Filling
- 2 large: Potatoes (boiled, peeled, mashed)
- 1/2 cup: Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp: Ginger crushed
- 1/2 tsp: Garlic crushed
- 2-3: Green chillies crushed
- 1 tbsp: Coriander finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp: Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp: Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp: Coriander seeds crushed
- 1 tsp: Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- For Dough
- Make well in the flour.
- Add oil, salt and little water. Mix well till crumbly.
- Add more water little by little, kneading into soft pliable dough.
- Cover with moist cloth, keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Beat dough on work surface and knead again. Re-cover.
- For Filling
- Heat 3 tbsp. oil, add ginger, green chilli, garlic, coriander seeds.
- Stir fry for a minute, add onion, saute till light brown.
- Add coriander, lemon, turmeric, salt, red chilli, garam masala.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes, add potatoes. Stir further 2 minutes.
- Cool. Keep aside.
- To Proceed
- Make a thin 5" diam. round with some dough.
- Cut into two halves. Run a moist finger along diameter.
- Join and press together to make a cone.
- Place a tbsp. of filling in the cone and seal third side as above.
- Make five to six. Put in hot oil, deep fry on low to medium tilllight brown.
- Do not fry on high, or the samosas will turn out oily and soggy.
- Drain on rack or kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with green and tamarind chutneys (refer chutneys), or tomato sauce.
Copyright © 2014 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.