Ingredients (Makes: 20 pieces)
- 1 kg Khoya
- 500 gms Sugar
- 500 gms Maida
- 200 gms Chopped Almonds
- 6 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3 tbsp Raisins
- 200 ml Water
Also learn the recipe of making Kusli
- Mix Maida with 6 tbsp of oil to make a soft dough and knead it lightly.
- Cover with a wet cloth and leave it aside.
- Deep-fry the Khoya in a frying pan till light brown in color. Be careful not to over fry the Khoya.
- Add chopped Almonds, Sugar and raisins and mix well.
- Fry again for few minutes and then allow the mixture to cool.
- Prepare a small and thick Chapati from the kneaded dough.
- Stuff half of the Chapati with the Khoya mixture.
- Fold and draw the inwards edges of Chapati.
- Deep-fry the Gujia on slow fire till golden brown.
- Drain the oil properly after taking out the Gujia and store them in an airtight container.
- Follow the same procedure till the dough is consumed.
- Enjoy the tempting sweet dish of Gujia.
Copyright © 2013 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.