Gobi Manchurian is set to have originated in China and has now become a mainstay in India because of its popularity. Gobi (Cauliflower) is the main ingredient used in Gobi Manchurian Recipe and added spices make it one of the most savoured delicacies in India. Gobi Manchurian can be had with either rice or chapati. A detailed preparation method of Gobhi Manchurian Gravy Recipe along with ingredients required are mentioned below:
Gobhi Manchurian Method
- 1 pcs: Cauliflower (medium, clean and broken into big florettes)
- 1/4 cup:Plain flour
- 3 tsp:Cornflour
- 1 small bunch:Spring onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp:Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp: Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp:Red chilli powder
- 2 no:Red chillies (dry)
- 1 tsp:Milk
- 3 tsp:Oil
- 1-1/2 cup:Water
- Boil the florettes for 3-4 minutes in plenty of water, to which a tsp. of milk has been added. Drain and pat dry on a clean cloth.
- Make thin batter out of flour and 2 tsp cornflour, adding 1/4 tsp. each of ginger and garlic and red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Dip the florettes in the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add remaining ginger, garlic and crushed red chilli and fry for a minute. Add the salt and spring onions. Stir fry for a minute. Add 1-1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Add 1 tsp. cornflour to 1/4 cup water and dissolve well. Gradually add to the gravy and stir continuously till it resumes boiling. Boil till the gravy becomes transparent.
- Add florettes and soya sauce. Boil for two more minutes and remove.
- Serve hot with noodles or rice.
- Dry Manchurian can be made by omitting the gravy.
- Make florettes as above and instead of adding water as above, add fried florettes, spring onions and soya sauce at this stage.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp. cornflour on the florettes and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve piping hot with toothpicks or mini forks and chilli-garlic sauce or tomato sauce.
- Same procedure for veg. Manchurian (with gravy or dry), but instead of using only cauliflower, use finely chopped minced vegetables and bind with some cornflour or bread crumbs and make small lumps the size of a ping-pong ball. Fry as above and proceed as above.
Copyright © 2013 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.