Ladoos are the most popular Indian sweet dish. No festival or occasion can be considered to be complete without ladoos. Amongst the enlarged variety of Ladoos, the most popular of all is Motichoor Ladoo. They are the sweet Indian tradition. Here is a recipe to prepare Motichoor Ladoo.
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1tblsp Pistachios
- Few Drops Orange Color
- 1tblsp Raisins
- Pinch of Baking Powder
- 1/2 kg Sugar
- 1/2 kg Bengal Gram Flour
- Sieve gram flour with baking powder to mix it well.
- Add 2 tbsp of melted ghee and enough water to make a batter of thick consistency.
- Heat up ghee in a kadhai.
- Drop boondis in ghee with the help of a perforated spoon.
- Rub the batter on the spoon with holes so that small drops of batter drop in oil, simultaneously tap the spoon on the rim of kadhai also.
- Fry boondis till golden brown and then remove them to keep aside.
- Meanwhile make sugar syrup of three string consistency and mix in color.
- Put the fried boondis in this syrup.
- Mix in the raisins and cut pistachios.
- When mixture cools down slightly use buttered hands to make round balls of Ladoos
- Motichoor Ladoos are ready to be served.