Ingredients (Serves: 2)
- 1 cup: Whole black gram
- 2 tsp: Split Bengal gram
- 2 tsp: Kidney beans
- 1 cup: Tomato(puree)
- 1" piece: Ginger
- 4 Cloves: Garlic
- 2 : Whole dry red chillies (soaked for 15 minutes)
- 3 tsp: Ghee
- 2 tsp: Dhania (coriander) powder
- 1/2 tsp: Garam masala
- 1 tsp: Butter
- 1/4 cup: Fresh cream beaten well and mixed with 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp: Ghee
- 5 cups: Water
- Salt to taste
- Soak kidney beans, black gram and split Bengal gram together in a pressure cooker for six hours.
- Grind ginger, garlic and dry red chillies together to a paste.
- Drain out all water from the pulses and add six cups of fresh water.
- Pressure cook with 1 tsp ghee, salt and half of the ginger-garlic paste. After the first whistle, reduce the flame and cook for about 45 minutes. Remove from fire.
- Open the cooker and mash the contents.
- Prepare tadka (tempering) with tomatoes, leftover ginger-garlic paste, garam masala and coriander powder. Add this to the dal.
- Add butter and simmer on low flame for 20-25 minutes, stirring and mashing the dal occasionally with a ladle against the sides of the cooker.
- Add beaten cream mixed with milk. Simmer for 15-20 minutes more and serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.