As the name suggests romaali roti is a paper thin bread prepared artistically. Romaali roti owes its origin from Andhra Pradesh but now it is a sure shot bread available on every top restaurants menu in all over India. Here we will tell how to make rumali rotis in your home
- 11/2 cup: Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 50 gm: Maida
- ½ tsp: Baking powder
- 2 tbsp: Oil
- Water to knead
- Mix wheat flour, maida, salt and baking powder and sieve them together.
- Pour oil in the flour and add water bit by bit and make a smooth and elastic dough and set aside covered with moist muslin cloth for 1/2 an hour.
- Now make small balls of the dough and roll like a thin chapati of about 12" diameter circle using little dry flour (it should be thin as a tissue).
- Heat an inverted griddle (tawa).
- Place the roti carefully over it and cook till done.
- Fold it like a handkerchief.
- Serve hot with hot vegetables.