- 6 pc: Small sized aubergines (egg plant)
- 2 tsp: Powder of roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp: Goda masala
- 1 tsp: Red chilli powder
- 3 tsp: Peanut oil
- ½ tsp: Cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp: Mustard seeds
- 2 tsp: Tamarind water
- 2 tsp: Jaggery water
- ½ tsp: Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Grated coconut
- Prepare the 'stuffing' masala by mixing together coconut, peanut powder, red chilli powder, goda masala and salt.
- 2lice the aubergines into four leaving them attached only at the stem.
- Insert the 'stuffing' masala in it.
- Heat oil in pan. Add cumin and mustard seeds. Place the stuffed aubergines in it. Pour water and cover for 10-12 minutes.
- Now add tamarind and jaggery water. Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut. Serve with rotis.