Bhatt ki Churdkani (also spelt as Churkaani) is one of the favourtie and most cooked (during occasions) recipe for the people of Uttaranchal. It is a preparation of black bhatt and rice paste or plain flour. The ingredients of the recipe are given below. Arrange them and cook at home following the cooking guidelines given below. Invite your freinds and relatives and share the taste of Uttaranchal.
- 1 cup of Black Bhatt
- Rice paste or plain flour
- 1 medium size onion
- 1/2 tsp of jeera
- 1 tsp of dhaniya powder
- 1 tsp of jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp of chilli powder
- 2 tbsp of oil
- Salt according to the taste
- 4 to 5 cups of water
- Soak the bhatt from the previous night.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan. Take jeera, chopped onion and the soaked bhatt together and fry them in the deep pan till the onions turns brown in color.
- To it add one or two teaspoon of plain flour and fry them again for few minutes.
- To the stuff put dhania, haldi, and jeera and chilli powder. Fry them
once again for few seconds.
- Next, add four cups of water to it and cook on maximum flames. Cover it and simmer for approximately half-an-hour or till the bhatt is soft and the curry is thick. Make sure the color of churkaani be dark greenish black.
- Serve Bhatt ki Churdkani with hot steamed rice. It will taste yummy.