Carrot is used in India not only as a vegetable, but to prepare some relishing sweet dishes also. Gajar Ka Halwa and Carrot Burfi are a perfect example of this. The later is a very popular sweet during festivals in India nowadays.
- 1 cup grated Carrot
- 1 cup grated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Broken Cashew Nuts
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 litre Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- Take a heavy bottomed vessel an add grated carrot to it.
- Heat it by stirring continuously till it goes dry. Keep it aside.
- Repeat the same procedure with grated coconut and keep it aside.
- Take a pan and boil milk with sugar in it.
- Keep boiling and steering until later dissolves.
- Now mix in the carrot and coconut into it.
- Stir again until it becomes thick.
- When it is cooked well, add the cashew nut pieces.
- Take a tray and apply ghee to it.
- Put the mixture into the tray.
- Allow it to cool and set.
- When firm cut into pieces.
- Carrot Burfi is ready to be served.