Chana Dal Payasm is a traditional dessert prepared primarily in South Indian states. It's quite regular for pujas, festivals like Janmashtami and Shiva Rathri and other special occasions including family functions. Here is a recipe to prepare Chanada Dal Payasm.
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup soaked Channa Dal
- 5 Cardamoms
- 1 tbsp Coconut Powder
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 cup Jaggery
- Take a pressure cooker and boil the chana dal tiil it gets cooked.
- Add jaggery.and coconut milk.
- Cook the mixture till it turns thick.
- Take a pan to fry coconut powder and cardamoms in ghee.
- Now add ghee and and fried cadamoms in channa dal mixture.
- Mix it properly.
- Garnish the it with fried coconut powder.
- Delicious Chana Dal Payasm is ready to be served.