- 1 kg: Chicken
- 1 1/2 cup: Onion
- 1 cup: Tomato
- 20 cloves: Garlic
- 1 big piece: Ginger
- 2 tsp: Pepper
- 2 tsp: Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp: Fennel (Jeera)
- ¼ cup: Coriander Powder
- ½ small cup: Chilli Powder
- Cloves (lavangam) as required
- Tamarind as required
- Salt to taste
- 5 tsp: Oil
- Wash the chicken and cut to pieces.
- Mince garlic and ginger.
- Powder pepper, cumin seeds and fennel together.
- Fry the powders lightly and keep aside.
- Season cloves in oil in a frying pan, add onion and tomato.
- Sauté well adding minced garlic and ginger.
- Add chicken with little turmeric powder and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chilli /coriander powders, salt and mix well.
- Pour 4 cups of water and boil.
- When chicken is half boiled, add the half fried pepper, cumin seed and fennel powder and mix well.
- When the gravy thickens to a paste, remove from fire.
- Serve hot.
Copyright © 2013 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.