Chhurpi is a hard traditional cottage cheese made from cow milk or yak milk. This fermented dairy product can be made from whole milk, skim milk or butter milk. Chhurpi can be used as a snack and we can also use its powder as a condiment in soups. Here we are providing "Chhurpi ko acha" recipe, which is a very easy to cook Indian recipe. you can store this Chhurpi pickle for some days.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 250 gm: Chhurpi
- 1/2 cup: Tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup: Onion, chopped
- 3-4: Green chilies, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon: Ginger (grated)
- 1/2 Tablespoon: Paanch phoran
- 1/4 Tablespoon: Turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon: Salt
- Heat oil, fry Paanch phoran, add chopped onion till it becomes golden brown.
- Add finely sliced and grated ginger, tomatoes and seasoned with Chhurpi and add salt. Stir and fry till oil separates.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with cooked rice.