Doodh Pak (Sweet Dish of Gujarat)
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 4 bottles: Milk
- 4 tbsp: Basmati or any fine rice
- 11/2 cups: Sugar
- 8 pieces: Cardamoms
- 6 pieces: Almonds (blanched and sliced; optional)
- 1 tsp: Charoli
- Simmer the milk in a large vessel for 10 minutes.
- Wash rice.
- Add it to the simmering milk, and keep stirring.
- When the rice becomes soft and the milk thickens and becomes creamy, add sugar.
- Stir for 10 minutes more. Remove from fire.
- Powder cardamoms.
- Pour the doodh pak into a serving bowl, and garnish with cardamoms, charoli and almonds.
- Serve hot or cold.