Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 1 kg: Potatoes
- 1 kg: Fresh, seedless white gourd (preferably the thin,long variety)
- 4 bottles/ 1/4 kg: Milk or Khoya
- 2 cups: Sugar
- 8 pieces: Cardamoms (powdered)
- 5 drops: Rose Essence
- 6 piece: Almonds (sliced)
- 3 tsp: Ghee
- Silver Paper (optional)
- Peel and grate white gourd.
- 2ress gently to squeeze out all the water.
- Put it in a kadai together with the ghee, on a high flame.
- Stir, add milk, and keep stirring. (If khoya is used, powder it and add it to the white gourd.) Stir till it thickens.
- Then add sugar and stir for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from fire.
- After 5 minutes, stir in the cardamom powder and rose essence.
- Rub a little ghee on a serving dish and pour in the halva.
- Decorate with almonds and silver paper.