Goan Egg Curry
- 6 Eggs-full boiled and shelled
- ½ cup: Coconut cream
- ¾ cup: Coconut-grated
- 2 cups: Grated tomatoes
- 6 cloves: Garlic
- 2 tsp: Chopped ginger
- 2 cups: Grated onions
- 2-3 : Green chillies-slit
- 2 tbsp: Chopped coriander leaves, for garnish
- 2 tbsp: Cumin-roasted
- 1 tbsp: Tamarind paste
- 2-4 : Whole dried red peppers-roasted
- 2 tbsp: Coriander seeds-roasted
- 1 tbsp: Poppy seeds-roasted
- 8-10 : Curry leaves
- 1 tsp: Garam masala
- 1 tsp: Turmeric
- ¼ cup: Oil
- 1 ½ tbsp: Salt
- Grind the coconut, garlic, ginger, and the roasted ingredients to a fine paste.
- Heat oil, add onions and curry leaves and stir fry, till the onions are a golden colour.
- Add the tomatoes and stir fry till fat separates, and add the ground paste, garam masala, turmeric and salt, and stir fry till fat separates again. Add about 2 cups: water and mix well. When it comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and tamarind, bring to a boil, then simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs and serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.