- 1 kg: Lean pork cleaned
- 2 medium size: Onions, chopped fine
- 10 Cloves: Garlic
- 1 inch piece: Ginger
- 10 pcs: Dried red chillies/peppers
- 10 pcs: Peppercorns
- 8 pcs: Cloves
- 1 inch piece: Cinnamon
- 1 tsp: Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp: Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp: Sugar
- ½ tsp: Vinegar
- 2 tbsp: Oil
- ½ peg: Coconut feni
- 2 cups: Water
- Salt as per taste
- Cut the cleaned pork into ½ inch sized pieces.
- Apply salt and keep aside.
- Grind all the spices and blend it with vinegar, adding the ½ tsp sugar.
- Apply the ground spices to the meat and marinate for 3 hours.
- Heat the oil in the pan on medium heat and add the meat.
- Fry the meat for few minutes, then add the chopped onion, coconut feni, rest of
- the vinegar and the water gradually.
- Cover the pan and lower heat. Stir cook till meat is tender and the oil rises to the top.
Chicken or beef can also be used in the recipe given for Pork Vindaloo.