Handvo (Lentil Cake)
Gol Papdi is a very popular recipe in India. It is a part of lip smacking Gujarati cuisine. Learn an easy recipe to prepare delicious Gol Papdi on your own.
- 1 pc: Medium bottle gourd
- 1 tsp: Urad dal
- 1 tsp: Channa dal
- 3 tbsp: Coriander chopped
- 3-4 no: Green chillies finely chopped
- 3 cup: Buttermilk
- 3 tsp: Soda bi-carb
- 1 tsp: Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp: Mustard seeds
- 4-5 tbsp: Oil
- Salt to taste
- For Grinding Together
- 1 cup: Yellow moong dal
- 1 cup: Rice
- Take butter milk in a large vessel.
- Add salt, soda and flour, mix well. Keep aside for 6-7 hours.
- Grate bottle gourd and squeeze out excess water.
- Add gourd, coriander and green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan, add urad and channa dals and seeds.
- Allow to splutter, pour half in the batter, mix thoroughly.
- Put in a greased oven proof deep container.
- Pour remaining seasoning on top.
- Place in a preheated oven at 280 °C for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to 200 °C or 180°C for 40 minutes or till done.
- Check by inserting a skewer, which should come out clean.
- Slice into wedges and serve hot.