Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 1/2 cup: Spinach leaves puree
- 1/2 cup: Fenugreek leaves puree
- 1/2 cup: Chickpea flour
- 2 tsp: Ginger, chopped fine
- 2 tsp: Green chillies, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp: Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp: Ghee, to pan fry
- 1 1/2 tsp: Salt
- Clean, wash and blanch the fenugreek and spinach. Leave in colander to drain.
- Squeeze out excess liquid and grind the greens to a paste.
- Mix in the chickpea flour, chilli powder, ginger, and green chillies.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into balls of desired size, and then flatten them a little. If not thick enough to shape, do not worry, you can drop spoonfuls directly into the pan.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a thin layer of ghee, place the kababs in it over high heat.
- Turn and then continue cooking over medium heat till brown, first on one side then the other.
- Serve accompanied with green chutney.