Kandalee ka Saag (leaves of Kandalee) is locally known as Bichhu Ghas. It is one of the favourite recipe of Uttaranchal. It is very yummy to eat. Try out its preparation. The ingredients are cited below. Arrange them and follow the method given below. Serve it hot garnished with dry fruits. This green leafy vegetable dish is a healthy and very easy to cook dish.
- Kandlaee (also known as Bichhu Ghas): 2 kg
- Jakhiya: 50 gm
- Oil: 30 ml
- Salt according to the taste
- First of all pick very soft and smaller leaves of kandalee. Boil these kandalee in water and cook it till the acidity content of the leaves are removed and the entire kandalee becomes pulpy.
- Drain out the excess water. Heat oil in a pan that has a thick bottom. Next, add to it Jakhiya.
- Fry the boiled leaves of kandalee and add salt to it according to the taste. Garnish the preparation with chopped dry fruits. Serve it hot.