Khad is a popular recipe for the people of Gujarat. It is usually prepared during occasions and festivals. We have given below the long list of ingredients required to make Khad. Try out preparing yourself at home. Arrange the ingredients and follow the cooking method. You will make the best khad. And it will surely ignite your taste buds.
- ½ cup: Chick-pea flour
- ½ cup: Sour yogurt
- ½ tsp: Ginger paste
- ½ tsp: Green chilli paste
- ½ tsp: Chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp: Asafoetida
- 1/8 tsp: Turmeric
- ½ tsp: Mustard seeds
- 2 Sabut lal mirch
- 2 tsp: Oil
- 1 tsp: Salt or to taste
- 1 ½ cup: Water
- For Garnish
- Coriander-chopped fine
- Grated coconut
- Mix besan, ginger, green chilli, red pepper, salt, heeng and turmeric into a smooth paste with some water till no lumps are left. Add the rest of the water and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring all the time (to avoid scorching).
- Keep cooking and stirring till you reach a paste like consistency. Spread a tsp of the batter on to an ungreased surface and cool, it should come off clean.
- With a rubber spatula spread onto an ungreased surface, as thin as possible and leave to cool.
- Heat oil and add the sarson, kadhi patta and sabut lal mirch. Stir a few times and spread over the layer. Pick up the lal mirch and keep aside.
- Cut layer into strips and roll each strip like a scroll, firmly.
- Arrange on to a serving dish and garnish with coriander, coconut and peppers and serve.