Kheema Kofta are made from minced mutton and made into round balls then deep fried in oil. Kheema Kofta are the delicious Non Vegetarian delight favorite of all gatherings and parties.
Ingredients (Serves: 2-3)
For the Gravy:
For the Koftas:
- 1 cup: Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 cup: Tomatoes
- 1 tsp: Ginger-garlic paste
- 4-5: Green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp: Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp: Chili powder
- 2 1/2 tsp: Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 3 pcs: Cloves
- 2-3: Cardamoms (black)
- 2-3: Bay leaves
- 1 tsp: Cumin seeds
- Water to make the gravy
- 5-6 tsp: Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 kg: Mince (mutton)
- 1 Egg
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp: Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp: Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp: Red Chili powder
- Salt To taste
- For the Koftas:
- Wash mince and squeeze out water.
- Finely chop coriander leaves and green chilies.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Make medium sized koftas and keep aside.
- For the Gravy:
- Finely chop onions and green chilies. Fry them with cumin seeds, bay leaves and ginger-garlic paste till golden.
- Grind tomatoes, cardamoms, cloves and the powdered masalas together. Add this mixture and salt to the onions and continue frying on a low flame.
- Immediately put the koftas into the gravy and wait till the koftas leave water and then only if required add more water and let the koftas cook on a low flame.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves.