- 1 kg: Chicken
- 2/3 cup: Yoghurt
- 2 tsp: Grated coconut
- 1 Large: Tomato(chopped)
- 1 tsp: Garlic paste
- 1 tsp: Coriander leaves
- 2 tsp: Red chilli
- 1 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp: Lime juice
- 2 tsp: Corn or peanut oil
- 1-2: Bay leaf
- 2 pieces: Cinnamon
- 6 pieces: Cloves
- ½ tsp: Crushed black pepper 2 medium onions
- 2 tsp: Oil
- Salt to taste
- Mix turmeric powder, red chillies, garlic paste, salt and lime juice with curd. The marinade is ready.
- Add the cut chicken pieces to the marinade and leave aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in pan. Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, crushed black pepper and chopped onions. Sauté till onions turn translucent. Add grated coconut. Sauté till coconut color changes.
- Add tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes. Cool and puree the mix in a blender.
- The Kolhapur masala is ready.
- Heat oil and add the marinated chicken to the pan. Cook for 25 minutes on low fire. Stir regularly.
- Add paste and simmer on low flame for five minutes.
- Kolhapur chicken is ready.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice.
Copyright © 2014 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.