Kolhapuri Mutton Rassa
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1/2 kg: Mutton, cleaned, cubed
- 4 large: Potatoes, peeled, halved
- 3 medium size: Tomatoes
- 2 large: Onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup: Coconut, grated
- 8 pcs: Cloves
- 8 pcs: Peppercorns
- 6-7: Red chillies
- 1 cup: Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp: Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp: Poppy seeds (khas khas)
- 1 tsp: Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp: Aniseeds (saunf)
- 1 cup: Oil
- Salt to taste
- Add salt, turmeric and ginger-garlic paste to the meat pieces. Mix well and reserve for 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil and add cloves, peppercorn, poppy seeds, coriander seeds, aniseeds and red chillies. Brown. Add onion and brown. Add coconut, tomatoes and brown. Cool.
- Grind to a paste and reserve.
- Heat remaining oil in a pressure cooker and add meat and potatoes. Stir fry till brown. Add masala paste and salt. Add water if needed and pressure cook till meat is soft.
- Remove from the cooker into a serving pot.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with chapaties.
Copyright © 2013 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.