Kulath ki Dal
- 300 gm: Mandua Kulath (A special type of cereal available only in
Garhwal and Kumaon Region. Alternative: Beans)
- 50 gm: Rice Paste
- 1 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp: Coriander powder
- 4-5 flakes: Garlic
- 1 tsp: Red Chilly powder
- 50 gm: Butter
- 20 gm: Ginger
- A pinch: Asoefetida
- 1/2 tsp: Cumin seeds
- Gandhreni small piece
- Soak the dal in water for 1/2 hour.
- Chop ginger and garlic.
- Boil the dal in water double the amount of dal.
- Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, coriander and half of the chilly powder
and salt. When done, add rice paste and cook for some time.
- Before removing the dish from the burner, add cumin seeds,
- Asofetida, gandhreni and rest of the chilly powder.
- Garnish the dal with either little boiled rice or with lots of butter
and coriander leaves.