Makhana Kheer is a different kind of kheer having a uniquely different kind of taste. It's actually a dessert made from puffed lotus seeds. Also known by the name of 'Thurri', the Makhana Kheer is most delicious recipe prepared during navratra fast.
- 1 tbsp shredded Almonds
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp crushed Green Cardamom Seeds
- 100gms soft white Makhanas
- 5 cups Milk
- 1 tbsp grated Pistachios
- 4 tbsp Sugar or to Taste
- Take all the makhanas and cut them into halves.
- Put the already cut makhanas in a saucepan along with ghee.
- Fry them on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Now add milk and sugar and stir well.
- Leave it on simmer for about an hour, until milk reduces to half of its original quantity and of a creamy consistency.
- Don't forget to stir continuously such that milk does not sticks to the bottom of pan.
- Add almonds and pistachios and leave it on simmer further for 10 minutes
- Now sprinkle crushed cardamoms on it.
- Hot makhana kheer is ready to be served.
- If you wish to serve it cold, then keep it in refrigerator for some time.
- Chilled makhana kheer is ready to test your taste buds.