Malai Peda is a delicious and popular dessert recipe. It has been used on various festivals in India on many occassions since medieval times. Amongst a wide variety of Peda available in the market, here is a quick and easy recipe to prepare Malai Peda.
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1/4 tsp Citric Acid
- 1 litre low fat Milk
- 4 sachets substitute Sugar
- Saffron Strands
- 1 tsp chopped Pistachios (for garnishing)
- Saffron Strands (Some more for garnishing)
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and add milk to it.
- Take out 8 tsp milk aside.
- Boil rest of the milk with continuous stirring throughout, till its quantity reduces to half.
- Take a small vessel and add saffron to it.
- Heat the saffron and add 4 tsp milk.
- Rub till the saffron dissolves.
- Add this to the boiling milk.
- Combine citric acid with 3 tsp of water and mix well.
- Now add this mixture very gradually to the boiling milk till it curdles a little.
- Mix the cornflour with 4 tsp milk.
- Now and add this to the boiling mixture with constant stirring until the mixture becomes thick and resembles khoya.
- Add the cardamom powder to it and mix well.
- Allow it to cool.
- Combine the sugar substitute with it and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into small balls.
- Use saffron and pistachio to garnish it.
- Delicious Malai Peda are ready to be served.