Momo (Steamed Dumpling)
Ingredients (Serves 4 to 6)
- 4 cups: Wheat flour
- 750 gm: Meat minces
- 2 large: Onion, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized: Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon: Salt
- Mix well wheat flour with 2 cups of water and knead into a stiff paste, roll out on a floured board till it is very thin. The rolled dough should be about 2 feet square.
- Cut in circle with the rim of tea cup.
- Place a circle of dough on your left hand, slightly stretch the edges and place about a teaspoon of filling in the centre.
- Then with your right thumb and forefinger pleat the dough together over the centre of the meat, forming a pin-wheel design. Your left thumb is used to tuck the minced meat down as you go, and the dumpling turns on your palm as you pleat around it. A special steamer locally called moktu is required.
- Filled up dumplings are placed on oiled racks, slightly separated in the moktu.
- Bottom of the moktu is filled with water and steam the dumplings for 20-25 min.
- Momo is ready to serve hot.
- Momo is eaten with meat/vegetable soup, and tomato achar.
Copyright © 2014 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.