Moong Dal Ka Halwa (Lentil Pudding)
- 1 1/2 cup: Moong dal (Soaked)
- 1 1/2 litre: Milk
- 1 cup: Sugar
- 3/4 cup: Mawa (well crumpled)
- 1/2 tsp: Saffron soaked in a little milk
- 5-6: Cardamoms (powdered)
- 6 tbsp: Ghee
- Grind moong dal coarsley.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed dekchi and fry the dal till golden.
- Add milk and cook till the milk has been absorbed.
- Add mawa and cook on a low fire, stirring continuously till the dal and the mawa are well blended. Remove from the fire and keep aside.
- Make sugar syrup of one thread consistency, add saffron and cardamom powder to it.
- Add the fried dal to the syrup and stir quickly till it mixes well.
- If you want you can add thin silvers of blanched almonds.