Pav Bhaji (Paav Bhaaji)
Paav Bhaji is a fabulous dish prepared with lot of vegetables and buns. Paav Bhaji is a western India recipe. Paav Bhaji is popular Indian snack to be served in restuarants and road side stalls.Taste the exciting pav bhaji in your own kitchen with SurfIndia
- 2 cup: Mixed vegetables chopped fine
- 1 cup: Potatoes-chopped fine
- 1 cup: Onions-grated
- 1 tsp: Chopped cloves of garlic-ground together
- 1 tsp: Chopped ginger
- 1 cup: Tomato-grated
- ½ cup: Tomato puree
- Green chillies-chopped to taste
- 2 tsp: Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp: Turmeric
- 1 tsp: Pav bhaji masala
- ½ tsp: Powdered red pepper
- 1 tbsp: Salt
- 6 pcs: Pav breads
- 6 tbsp: Butter for the bread
- ½ cup: Oil
Pav Bhaji Masala
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds, then the onion paste and sauté till brown and fat separates.
- Add the mixed vegetables and potatoes and sauté first over high heat, then over low, till cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and puree, green chillies, turmeric, salt, pav bhaji masala and red pepper and continue cooking till the fat separates. Keep mashing the vegetables with the stirrer as it cooks.
- To serve, heat some butter, slit the bread horizontally and fry in the butter till brown.
- Serve with the vegetables.