- 2 cup: Ripe pineapple cut into 1/2" square pieces
- 2 dsp: Coconut oil
- ½ tsp: Turmeric powder
- 1 cup: Grated coconut
- 1-2: Dried red chilli
- ½ tsp: Mustard seeds
- 3 : Dried red chillies (cut into 6 pieces)
- 1 sprig: Curry leaves
- 1 tsp: Crushed mustard
- Salt to taste
- Boil pineapple, with turmeric and salt in ½ cup water.
- Grind coconut with dried chilli to a fine paste.
- Heat the oil and season with mustard seeds.
- Saute the coconut paste and add the curry leaves and dried red chillies.
- When it is done, add the boiled pineapple pieces.
- The gravy should be thick and the cover the pineapple pieces.
- Add the crushed mustard just before removing the pachhady from fire.