Poora Haah or in simpler term, Roasted Duck, is a specal dish of the people of North East India. The duck as a whole is roasted and it is very delicious to eat with boiled rice and roasted potatoes. Try to prepare this mouth watering dish at home and invite guests for lunch or dinner. Just follow the cooking method below and become the best chef to make roasted duck.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 Medium size: Duck
- 1 Egg
- 4 slices: Bread
- 1 large: Onion, chopped
- 1 large: Potato, cubed
- 3 tsp: Lime juice
- ½ tsp: Black pepper powder
- 2-4: Large green chillies, chopped
- 1 bunch: Coriander leaves, ground
- 2 stalks: Green spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp: Vinegar
- ¼ rsp: Chilli powder
- 1 cup: Cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- First of all remove the giblets. Clean it and wash. Chop them to fine pieces. Next, clean the duck and wash it. Keep it whole. Take salt and mix it in lime juice. Rub this mix inside and outside of the washed duck. After doing this keep it seperately for at least fifteen minutes.
- Crumble the bread slices and mix to the potato cubes. Now also mix all the ingredients mentioned above along with half of the cooking oil. Beat the egg properly and fold it into the mixture. Take the giblet and add it the this mixture and stir well.
- Half of the oil is left with you. Rub it all over the duck once again stuff the mixture and truss it properly. Roast the whole duck on a charcoal fire for at least 30 minutes or till it is done. Instead of charcoal fire, you can also roast in hot oven. Dont forget to baste the duck with a little cooking oil frequently while it is being roasted.
- Poora Haah is ready to serve. Serve it hot with boiled rice and roasted potatoes.