- 250 gm: Bengal gram
- 250 gm: Maida
- 250 gm: Jaggery
- 5-6 : Cardamoms, powdered
- ½ cup: Clarified butter (ghee)
- 3 tsp: Oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup: Water
- Soak grams at night. Wash well the next day and boil.
- Drain all water and mix jaggery. Keep on slow fire for 5-6 minutes to allow all water to evaporate. Mix cardamom powder to the dry mixture. Keep aside and cool. Once cooled, grind the mixture to a fine paste.
- Prepare a soft dough of maida, salt, water and oil.
- Now with the hands prepare a small roti with the dough. Wrap the roti around a small ball of pooran. Flatten with hands and using a rolling pin, shape into a general roti.
- Put the roti on the pan and cook like any other roti.
- Serve with tea or bhaji.