Ingredients for Masala
- 250 gm: Kabuli channa
- 50 gm: Rajma
- 2 tsp: Tea powder
- 2 pieces: Clove
- 1 piece: Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp: Black pepper
- 2-3: Green chillies (or according to taste)
- 1 piece: Ginger
- 1/2 tsp: Eating soda
- 3 tsp: Annardana paste
- 1/4 tsp: Mango powder (aamchur)
- 1 tsp: Garam Masala
- 3 no: Potato (boiled medium sized)
- 1/2 cup: Tomato (chopped
- 2 tsp: Ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1-2: Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 tsp: Mustard seed
- 2 tsp: Zeera
- 1 tsp: Fenugreek seed (methi dana)
- 2-3: Clove
- 1-2: Red chilli
- In a pan, dry fry all masala ingredients. Put it in mixer, make dry masala.
- In a big vessel pour water, add eating soda and salt. Now add kabuli channa and rajma. Soak this over night.
- Next morning in that same water drop a small pouch (potali) containing tea leaves.
- Cook this chana, rajma mix along with tea leaves pouch till channa and rajma becomes soft. When cooked discard the tea leaves pouch.
- Prepare a another dry-wet paste out of cloves, cinnamon (dalchini), black pepper, two green chillies and ginger.
- Mix this dry-wet fine paste with cooked channa and rajma. Take care that this masala is just mixed not kept in flame.
- Take an iron kadhai (iron kadhai will give a special flavour) or a deep pan. Pour left- out water from cooked channa and rajma, now keep the pan to flame.
- Now add that dry Masala, garam masala, annardana paste, aamchur powder, black pepper powder to that left-out water. Sim down the flame to in between low and warm.
- Cook all ingredients till water evaporates and masala stick to the channa and rajma. This is very very important for next step.
- In the pan itself spread the cooked chhole to corners, make a space in center of pan.
- In a separate regular pan heat ghee till you see smoke and your smoke alarms you.
- Pour this ghee in the (made) center space in iron deep pan, and cover it with chhole. Warm it with closed lid for a while.
- Decorate with slices of potato, tomatoes and long cut green chilli.
Copyright © 2013 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.