Punjabi dishes have a fascinating taste of their own. Another dish from the Punjabi kitchen is Punjabi Kadhi. The tempting flavor of this dish will surely test your taste buds. Punjabi Kadhi can be prepared with Pakoras or Potatoes only. Here is a recipe to of preparing Punjabi Kadhi with Pakoras.
Ingredients (Serves: 4)
For Pakoras. . .
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped Potato
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Chopped Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Salt To Taste
For Kadhi. . .
- 1 cup Yogurt (Kadhi Curd)
- 1/4 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 2 Whole Dry Red Chili
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- Pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds(Dry Methi)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Mix all Pakora ingredients except oil and add about ½ cup of water.
- Mix them well and make small balls of Gram Flour and Vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan (Kadhai) to fry vegetable and gram flour mixture balls. Fry till Pakoras become golden brown.
- Beat Yogurt (Kadhai Curd) and mix gram flour in it.
- Ensure that there are no lumps by blending thoroughly.
- Add Turmeric powder, Salt and 3 cups of Water.
- Heat oil in a pan (Kadhai) and add Fenugreek Seeds and Dry Red Chili.
- Stir fry for half minute and then add Gram Flour and Yogurt mixture.
- Boil and simmer on a slow flame for about 15 minutes with a continuous stir.
- Add Red Chili Powder and Fried Pakoras.
- Again simmer the flame for about 5 minutes.
- Serve delicious hot Punjabi Kadhi with Steamed Rice or Chapaati.