Rasgulla (spongy cheese balls, dipped in sugar syrup), is a heart winning Bengali dessert. It is like the king among Indian sweets and savours. Rassogolla are so mouthwatering that if you taste one, you can't stop yourself by craving again and again. Rasgulla is the most healthy dish from the Indian desserts as it free from Now we will guide you through the process to prepare this Bengali special by your own.
- 1 litre: Milk
- 300 gm: Sugar
- 05 ml: Lemon juice
- 3 drops: Rose essence
- 1 litre: Water
- For the preparation, heat the sugar and the water in a deep pan and bring to a boil.
- Boil the milk. Add the lemon juice and curdle the milk. Remove from fire and strain through a muslin cloth.
- Hold under running water or dip in a bowl of cold water for 1 minute. Squeeze out the excess water.
- Knead till very smooth. Make balls of desired size.
- Now place the cheese balls in boiling syrup and cook for 15 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let the dumplings stand in the liquid until cool.
- Chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Mix in the essence before serving.
Copyright © 2014 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.