Saboodana Kheer is a very popular recipe in India.It's basically a fasting food and is most common in the state of Maharashtra. Prepared from sago, milk and sugar, the Sabudana Kheer is actually the first face of Maharastrian cuisine.
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 4 cups Milk
- 1 tbsp Sago Granules
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Wash the sago granules and drain.
- Leave aside for 10 minutes.
- When the moisture is absorbed, loosen the sago grains.
- Take a pan and add water to it.
- Heat water and add sago granules.
- Let it boil with constant stirring.
- Simmer for 5 minutes by slowing down the flame.
- Add more water if needed.
- Pour milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook for about five minutes.
- Add sugar and cardamom.
- Take note of stirring occasionally.
- Cook till sago becomes soft. Be careful that in doesn't turn mushy.
- Saboodana Kheer is ready to be served.