Want to get refreshed in the scorching summers with refreshing and tasty Shikanjii, a spicy lemon drink. Shikanji is central India cuisine from Madhya Pradesh. Get the authentic shikanji recipe on SurfIndia.
- 1/2 cup: Freshly squeezed juice of limes
- 1 tablespoon: Juice extracted from fresh ginger root
- 1 cup: White sugar
- 2 cups: Water
- Combine lime and ginger juice in a bowl.
- Heat water and sugar in a pan, bring to boil for 30 seconds.
- When syrup is cool, stir in lime and ginger juice and chill.
- To serve, add 2 tablespoons of syrup to a glass of chilled water, and add some crushed ice.
Copyright © 2014 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.