Thalipith is a wonderful snack recipe from Maharashtra cuisine. It is a multi-grain mildly spiced pancake ideal for breakfast as well as in lunch. Thalipith is simply bursting with flavor and nutrition of pure ghee and wheat flour. You can choose different types of flour according to your choice for making Thalipith.
- 1 cup: Whole wheat flour (atta)
- 1 cup: Bajra flour
- 1/2 cup: Rice flour
- 1/2 cup: Besan
- 1/2 tsp: Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp: Turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tsp: Cumin powder
- 1 tsp: Dhania powder
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Mix the flours and roast lightly in a pan or a griddle.
- Add chilli powder, salt, haldi, dhania powder and jeera powder.
- Knead to a firm dough with the water.
- Roll into thin rotis and cook over a tawa (griddle), smearing oil on both sides, till crisp.