Thoran is a South India Cuisine. It is a favourite recipe for the people in Kerala. It is made with vegetables and coconut along with other ingredients. They are given in details just below. Check them out and also check the cooking method and prepare yourself at home. Invite friends and see what the compliments you get for this yummy recipe from Kerala.
Ingredients (Serves 10)
- 500 gm: Cabbage, long runner-beans /any other vegetable (cut in to small pieces)
- 1 cup: Coconut
- 2 cloves: Garlic
- 2 tsp: Coconut oil
- ½ tsp: Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp: Black gram
- 4-5: Dried red chilli (cut into 2-3 pieces)
- ¼ tsp: Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp: Red chilly powder
- ¼ tsp: Cumin Seeds
- 2 sprig: Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Take the coconut, crush it along with the cumin seeds, curry leaves and garlic. Wash the vegetables and boil it in a pan. Add salt and chillis according to requirement. Next, heat oil in a frying pan and saute ingredients.
- Once the ingredients are fried, add to it turmeric and chilly powder along with the boiled vegetables and the crushed ingredients. Mix them properly.
- Serve the preparation hot to ten people. It will be the real yummy recipe.