Learn how to make Till barfi, with surfIndia. Till barfi is popular dessert from Maharashtra cuisine, made in the festive season mostly at the occasion of Makar Sankranti. Till barfi is nutritious as well as tasty.
- 3 cups: Sesame seed
- 2 1/2 cup: Sugar
- 1 cup: Groundnuts (peanuts)
- 1/2 cup: Grated dry coconut (Copra)
- Roast sesame seeds until good aroma comes from the seeds. Keep it aside.
- Next roast the groundnuts. Grind the roasted sesame seeds coarsely, but grind the roasted groundnuts finely. Mix them together.
- In a thick bottom pan make a thick sugar syrup.
- Mix the powdered sesame seeds and the groundnuts in the syrup. Stir continuously until it no longer sticks to the edge.
- Spread the hot mixture on to a greased tray to about quarter inch thickness.
- Sprinkle the grated copra on top.
- Cut into square or diamond shapes.