This Indian dish is a perfect blend of crisp and crunchy sesame seeds (til) and viscous sweet jaggery syrup. It is supposed to be a winter recipe as sesame have heating properties.
- Sesame (til) seeds – 4 cups
- Water (paani) – half a cup
- Brown sugar or powdered jaggery (gud) – half a cup
- Coconut (nariyal) - 1 coconut chopped finely into small pieces
- Take a saucepan and heat it on the middle flame, wait till the vessel is warm.
- Mix the water with jaggery and bring to boil to make syrup.
- When the mixture is boiling, slowly add coconut and heat till it becomes thick.
- Roast sesame seeds in the other saucepan till they become light brown. Do not overheat the seeds as they may give a bitter taste if heated too much.
- Add these seeds to the syrup and slowly stir and mix.
- Allow the preparation to cool for some time.
- Now make tiny compact balls and tasty Til ke ladoos are ready!!!